The SS-100 scanner is used for obtaining spectra along a line.
- 128 pixels scanning width
- 10 Hz scan frequency
The SS-200 scanner is used for obtaining spectra along an area.
- 128 X 128 pixels scan area
- 12.5 seconds data collection time of one complete scan
The Spectra-Cart is a mobile platform specifically designed for the Spectraline family of instruments. It enables the user to move the instrument to various locations for measurements, and eliminates the set- up time
needed for tripods, and for electrical connections. The Spectra-Cart provides power to the instrument from the battery power pack. All cabl
es are neatly tucked away, freeing the cart and instrument completely.
- Provides a stable platform for the instrument, which can be adjusted for various heights and locked in place.
- Accommodates the laptop computer and data acquisition system.
- Carries the battery power pack.
- Provision for storing spectrometer accessories.
- Small size enables the cart to fit into tight spaces on the production floor.
Variable Path Length Liquid Flow Cell
The liquid sample to be measured is passed through the absorption cell. A broad band IR source emits radiation that passes through the sample and into the instrument. The path length is variable from 0 mm to 7 mm, and the diameter of the sampling chamber is 8 mm. In a typical application, a control panel is used to pressurize the fluid to approximately 100 PSI. The maximum allowable pressure for the flow cell is 150 PSI. The control panel is also used to supply cleaning fluid (distilled water for most applications) and air to purge the flow cell periodically. The flow rate through the flow cell
depends on the viscosity of the fluid.
Fixed Path Length Liquid Flow Cell
The fixed path length flow cells consist of precisely spaced sapphire windows in Teflon holders to withstand corrosion. A broad band IR source is used on an alignment
platform to perform the transmittance measurements. The fixed path flow cells are connected to the liquid flow control panel which allows
purging of the cell with cleaning fluid, and/or compressed air. The path length should be specified while orders are placed. Flow cells with
sample chamber volumes ranging from a few microliters to several milliliters are available.
The FS100 Sample Feeder is used for management of sample flow through the flow cells. It has stainless steel tanks for holding and pressurizing liquid samples and purging fluids. It can be used with either the fixed or variable path length flow cells.
Gas Flow Cells
Gas flow cells are available in various path lengths. These can be used to measure compositon of gases. The gas can either be stagnant or continuously flowing through the flow cell. Multiple constituents in gas mixtures can be measured simultaneously.
Integrated Module for Focusing,Laser Spotting and Filter Mounting
The Integrated Module for Focusing, Laser Spotting and Filter Mounting is an accessory for the ES 100 Imaging Spectrometer. It is useful in emission spectroscopy applications; where, it can be used as front-end optics for focusing/defocusing the image. The 1.5 inch diameter biconvex lens has a focal length of 76 mm, and can form a 1:1 inverted image on the slit, when object is placed 145 mm in front of lens. This allows fine spatial sampling of the object. To focus more distant objects onto the slit, the lens can be positioned closer to the slit. Moving the lens away from the slit produces a magnified image of the object on the slit. A defocused image helps to eliminate the non-uniformity in the image; falling on the odd and even pixel rows of the bilinear array. A focused image will result in the odd and even rows, viewing spatially separated regions of the object. Addition of neutral density sapphire windows can result in signal attenuation in cases of very high signal strength.
- Attaches to interface plate of spectrometer.
- Uses a 1.5 inch CaF2 lens for collection and focusing.
- Provision for attaching filters or apertures.
- Fine thread focusing tube with locking nut.
- TTL viewing and focusing with movable right angle mirror.
- Ground glass focusing screen for image focusing.
- Integrated long life laser for target spotting.
- Slit outline indicated on focusing screen.
- Reed switch turns laser on for spotting and off for data collection.
- Spring-loaded detent secures mirror in two positions.
- Laser power supply housed in module.
- Black anodized for reducing reflections.
- Lens cover blocks signal for zero readings.
- Compact and rugged.
- Precision machined for repeatable performance.
- Factory aligned with optical axis of spectrometer.
Diffuse Reflectance Module
The light from a broadband IR source is collimated and focused onto the target material. The diffuse reflectance from the surface is collected using an integrating sphere, and imaged onto the entrance slit of the ES100. The spectral content in the diffusely reflected radiation provides information on surface property of the target material. The diffuse reflectance module is used to characterize surface coating defects and to obtain constituent concentrations in solid materials (such as fat in cheese or moisture in drugs).
The calibration panel is used by the InfraSpec Software to calibrate the ES-100. The 6 filters allow an external 'black body' IR source to illuminate specific pixels of the detector, corresponding to the wavelength of the filter. Given the known wavelength of the filter and the pixel number, the software can then calibrate itself.